(Please print, sign, and fax this agreement to 423-624-4365
or download Rental Agreement - PDF)
The following is the agreement between Spring Creek Retreat (SCR)
and _______________________________________ (Guest).
- Rental dates are confirmed upon receipt of a reservation deposit equal to at least 30% of the total rental fee. The deposit is fully refundable for cancellations received at least 3 weeks prior to the confirmed check-in date.
- Guest is responsible for maintaining the premises in good order and appearance. Guest agrees to pay for any and all damages, repairs, replacements, and maintenance needed to return the property to the condition that existed upon his/her/their arrival (other than normal cleaning and laundry of linens which should take no more than 4 hours) whether caused by Guest, a member of Guest's party, or a visitor. (Someone once hacked off a 6 inch diameter limb from the beautiful old beech tree growing through the deck because it interfered with fishing, then said that it broke accidentally. Never again!)
- If Guest is paying by check, the check for the full rental fee plus $200 security deposit, less previously paid reservation deposit, must be received by SCR at least 7 days prior to check-in. The security deposit will be refunded within 2 weeks following Guest's departure provided the property is in the same condition as when Guest arrived as described in paragraph 2.
- Check-in time is 5 p.m. or later. Check-out time is before 1 p.m. Guest agrees to notify SCR in advance if check-in will occur after 7 p.m. Guest agrees to pay $50 for each hour or fraction thereof that any member of Guest's party arrives early or stays late unless SCR has approved of the arrangements in advance.
- Guest is aware that the following are not permitted: pets, smoking inside the house, hunting (the ducks are pets), and loud parties (the noise travels for miles along the creek). Guest agrees that bringing a pet on the property and/or smoking inside a house is damaging to the property, and agrees that the penalty for such action will be the greater of the amount of the security deposit mentioned in paragraph 3 or actual damages.
- SCR supplies sundries (toilet paper, light bulbs, etc.), linens for all beds and bathrooms, dishes, and an assortment of kitchen utensils and equipment including pots/pans, coffee maker, toaster, microwave, stove/oven and refrigerator. Guest understands that the linens are for intended indoor use only, and the dishes and kitchen utensils/equipment is for intended use only. Guest will provide linens for outdoor use.
- The maximum number of people permitted in Guest's party is the number for which Guest is paying. Guest may have visitors (persons who do not sleep on the property) up to twice the number for which Guest is paying but no more than 10, unless SCR has authorized the additional visitors. Violation of this maximum occupancy provision can result in significant problems due to overuse of the septic and water purification systems, and damage the pristine nature of the property. As such damages may be difficult to quantify, Guest agrees to pay the sum of $50 per day or portion there of for each unauthorized person.
- Unless Guest is renting both houses, Guest agrees to ensure that his/her party does not disturb the tenants of the other house.
- Guest agrees to indemnify and hold SCR harmless from all liability, loss, or damage arising from any nuisance or harm made or suffered on the premises by Guest, member of Guest's party, or visitor, or from any carelessness, neglect, or improper conduct of an persons entering, occupying, or visiting the SCR property.
_______________________________________________ Guest (signature and date)